Monday, April 17, 2006

Empathy

Have you ever had a day when all of a sudden you are hit with a feeling of deep sadness with no apparent reason? This happened to me last week. The feeling lasted for a day and a half. I knew something was up with someone but I didn't know who until a day later. I felt like crying but I didn't know why. No, it is not depression. I have gone through this before. The feeling of sadness was very overwhelming and powerful. I couldn't sleep that night. I told someone but they really didn't say anything about it. Then it happened. Thursday night I read my email. One of my dear friends sent me an email telling me that her father passed away Tuesday. That feeling was coming from her. Her sadness, her pain and her tears. Some people call it empathy. I call it a part of my 6 sense. This has happened to me many times in the past but never with anyone that lives in a different country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home