Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I've Eaten Road Kill!!!

I saw a dead armadillo on the road last night. Reminded me of the time I ate a piece of that creature. True story....As a child, I would spend my summers in South Texas. One evening while my dad was driving a country road, we felt a thump. My dad stopped the truck, picked up the armadillo he ran over and threw it behind the pickup!!! Mind you, my cousins and I were in the back of the pickup. You hears screams and shrieks!! My dad tells us that it is ok that he is going to cook dinner. I remember my heart thumping and being petrified. We couldn't ride in the front cause it was already full. I thought the damn thing would come alive and scratch the hell out of us. I remember praying all the way back to my grandmother's house. That night my dad made bbq out of the armadillo. Road kill. He also told me that he made brisket. I remember chewing and chewing and wondering what in the hell was that weird taste. Finally someone asked me what was I eating. My uncle shouted she is eating armadillo. I was totally disgusted. I confronted my dad. His answer was, I wanted you to taste it but I knew you wouldn't eat it if you knew it was armadillo. There was no brisket. I cried out out anger and betrayal. I must have been 10 or 11 years old. Now that I am older, I think it is funny as hell. My pinche dad. I had him try sushi last summer. He hated it. I told him that it was better than road kill!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home