Sunday, September 11, 2005

Katrina

There are many survivors of Katrina here in Texas. I've had a few friends adopt some of these families. I just can't imagine having to leave everything behind and having to start all over. The newspaper was discussing that if a hurricane like Katrina were to hit Galveston it would be devastating because there is only on freaking highway to get the hell out. I wonder if this city has any evacuation plans. It is very heart warming to see many countries sending help to our survivors. I know there is a lot of blame going on but you can't change what already happened. My heartache and tears flowed when I saw many people asking for help, water and food on television. I was sick to hear that babies and children were being raped at the dome. Makes you wonder where these monsters were evacuated to. No conscience. No heart.
All I know is that we are all pulling together to help the survivors. There are still people with big hearts around here. My prayers go out to all the survivors.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Yes maam. they're moving families here to my small town as well - to the vacant apartments. My heart reaches out to them as well and I am glad that I've been able to help with several organizations I am involved with as well as my job in the insurance business.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home